Thursday, February 5, 2009

Living Large and LOVING IT!!!

I have a new love in my life. So beautiful, so American, so BIG. I had to rent a vehicle for work and the guys always whine about how there aren't enough vehicles and the site vehicles we have aren't big enough. We have/ had 3 minivans, a Jeep Cherokee and a Hyundai Santa Fe. The Santa Fe is now riding around in heaven, so we had to get a replacement vehicle. I got a FANTASTIC corporate rate on my new dream car, a Ford E350. I love it. I am so in love. As soon as I stepped it, it was like Shangri-La. For real, I heard harps and cymbals. It is GREAT!!! It is SO BIG!!! The cupholders are ginormous! There are TWO steps up to this thing! I am the king of the world. I totally see the appeal of large vehicles now. Driving my new chariot is a dream. It cracks me up because several guys freak out about driving it; they don't like to drive it because it's "too big". AHAHAHAHAHAH SUCKERS. I drive that thing like a freaking ballerina. Darned if I can't ever park my sedan straight, but I sure as heck will do a 19 point turn with this beast. At first I was freaking out about gas mileage, but guess what? It gets 19 miles to the gallon. That's the same as my current 4 door car. WOW. Another reason I love this boat? According to Ford's website, the entertainment features are: (drumroll please) AM/FM radio with seek and scan. OH YEAH. I am so sick of kids having TV and DVDs every single place they go. When my brother and I were little, we had a tape cassette player in the car. Not integrated into the car, but a little hand held cassette player we would position between us in the back seat.

I can't say it enough: I LOVE THIS CAR!!! We've already extended the rental date from the 6th to the 10th, and I really hope we keep pushing the date back. Each additional day is one more day in paradise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New cars are fun . . . even if they are just rentals. They seem to be so snazzy when compared to our owned cars. But, Cindy Civic knows I love her more than any other car I drive.

agirlnamedstewart said...

GB, I totally thought my love for Wanda the Honda would be unending, but Wanda has met her posthumous match. I LOVE this E350. I want to have its babies. It is SO MUCH FUN to drive!!!