Tuesday, March 18, 2008

EASTER!!! My first grown up holiday


Easter is almost here! Hooray! Life is great!

This is my first real holiday with a fiancee, so I really wanted to establish some new traditions. Sidebar: I'm totally in love with the idea of really being a grown up and getting to start my own traditions. I want Easter to be the "friends" holiday; I want to have a ton of our friends over to the house to celebrate. However, this plan seems to be creeping downhill. Oh well. NEXT YEAR! Additionally, I want to Christmas to be the Mike holiday. His Christmases are filled with hunting and smoked meat. The first tradition from a Davis Easter: Easter turducken! As seen above, the Easter Turducken is a mini Cadbury egg inside a Peep inside a hollow bunny. John and Mike have the tools for this and I am SO EXCITED to eat my 1st Easter turducken! Other uses for hollow bunnies include drinking containers for White Russians and Kahlua.
So here is my delicious Easter Menu:
Main dish:
Peanut Butter Ham, a la Paula Deen.
Side Dishes:
Deviled Eggs, John style and Mike style.
Macaroni and Cheese
Risotto
Rolls
Desserts:
Blueberry Cheesecake
Easter Turducken. Hahahah that has the word "turd" in it. AHAHAHAHhahahahaha.
I will post pics of my Easter adventures!

No comments: